Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys:
Fernandez Law Group understands the difficulty one suffers when faced with a personal injury or the loss of a loved one.
We pay extra attention to these types of cases, and when our law firm represents you, multiple attorneys work together on your case to get you the results you deserve.
There are no costs or fees unless we obtain a settlement for you.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, do not try to handle a claim on your own or risk using an inexperienced lawyer.
Not all personal injury attorneys have our commitment to achieving full justice for their clients, nor do they have our trial experience and proven skills.
Tampa personal injury attorneys are everywhere, but when you come to Fernandez Law Group, you can count on our team to work extremely hard to provide you with exceptional representation. We take pride in doing what it takes to earn the proper compensation our clients deserve, no matter how hard the fight.
Frank Fernandez is known for his dedication to his clients and their causes that has earned him a reputation of meeting or exceeding their expectations in many different types of personal injury cases over the years.
Mr. Fernandez has appeared on behalf of his clients in Federal and State courts throughout the State of Florida. He is proud to have developed his practice primarily through the referrals of former clients and professional colleagues.
Contact Tampa Attorney Frank Fernandez at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation.
Our personal injury attorneys go the extra mile:
Going the extra mile for our clients is an easy choice as we accept only serious, legitimate cases. Clients can have confidence in our experience and commitment to go far as necessary to make a substantial and meaningful difference in the lives of injured citizens.
Our clients have the right to decide if and when to settle a case or to proceed to trial. We meet with our clients individually to discuss their options and how to proceed in their best interest. Some insurance companies routinely refuse to make a reasonable offer to any lawyer, leaving no other option but to proceed to trial. It is important to have an experienced trial attorney who is able to provide competent representation in court to obtain a favorable verdict. Our firm has more than 20 years of combined legal experience.
Our personal injury attorneys and dedicated support staff will focus on your needs while providing superior, effective, and vigorous representation of your interests. We are paid for our legal services only if we obtain a recovery on your behalf, and we will come to your home or to the hospital for your convenience.
We look forward to hearing from you and would be honored to assist and serve you.
Call us today at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation.
Personal injury is a legal term for an injury to the body, mind or emotions, as opposed to an injury to property. The term is most commonly used to refer to a type of tort lawsuit alleging that the plaintiff's injury has been caused by the negligence of another, but also arises in defamation torts.
The most common types of personal injury claims are road traffic accidents, accidents at work, tripping accidents, assault claims, accidents in the home, medical malpractice, product defect accidents (product liability) and holiday accidents.
Accidents involving personal injury at the workplace are very common in the United States, just as they are right here in the State of Florida. Statistics for Florida Worker's Compensation Claims involving personal injury for the year 2013 show 51,696 total cases and out of those, there were 46,405 cases with benefits and a total of $863,685,762 in claims were awarded. 2014 figures are currently being compiled, however, final totals will not be available until early 2015.
According to The Agency for Workforce Innovation, the statewide average weekly wage paid by employers subject to the Florida Unemployment Compensation Law for the four calendar quarters ending June 30, 2013 is $827.08, therefore, the maximum weekly compensation rate for injuries occurring on or after January 1, 2014 shall be set at $827.00.
According to Jury Verdict Research, the average personal injury settlement in Florida is $1,819,751. A Plaintiff in a personal injury case in Florida typically wins about 61 percent of the time, and this average is a little higher than nationally as Florida tends to have larger settlements more often than most other states.
Medical malpractice is professional negligence by act or omission by a health care provider in which the treatment provided falls below the accepted standard of practice in the medical community and causes injury or death to the patient, with most cases involving medical error.
Medical and dental accidents lead to numerous medical negligence claims every year and include conditions that are often classified as industrial disease cases, such as asbestosis and peritoneal mesothelioma, chest diseases, vibration white finger, occupational deafness, occupational stress, contact dermatitis, and repetitive strain injury cases.
Florida Law states that prior to issuing notification of intent to initiate medical negligence litigation pursuant to s. 766.106, the claimant shall conduct an investigation to ascertain that there are reasonable grounds to believe that:
Corroboration of reasonable grounds to initiate medical negligence litigation shall be provided by the claimant's submission of a verified written medical expert opinion from a medical expert as defined in s. 766.202(6), at the time the notice of intent to initiate litigation is mailed, which statement shall corroborate reasonable grounds to support the claim of medical negligence.
If the negligence of another party can be proved, the injured party may be entitled to monetary compensation from that party. In the United States, this system is complex and controversial. Oftentimes, having an attorney becomes essential because cases become extremely complex, such as in medical malpractice cases.
To make a claim you must prove the person you believe is responsible for your personal injury, loss or damage:
- Owed you a duty of care and breached the duty of care they owed you.
- You suffered a loss or injury or other damage.
- Your loss, injury or the damage occurred as a result of the breach of the duty of care.
Personal Injuries must be:
(1) reasonably foreseeable
(2) there must be a relationship of proximity between the plaintiff and defendant and
(3) it must be 'fair, just and reasonable' to impose liability.
However, these act as guidelines for the courts in establishing a duty of care; much of the principle is still at the discretion of judges.
All of these things need to be shown for a successful claim. There are laws setting out the requirements for making a personal injury claim and legal advice is strongly recommended.
If you have been injured in an accident you believe was caused by the negligence of another, here are some things you SHOULD do, beginning immediately:
1. Contact a Lawyer: If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, do not try to handle a claim on your own or risk using an inexperienced lawyer. The Fernandez Law Group promises to give every client the best legal representation and obtain the maximum compensation each client deserves. No matter how hard the fight. By phone or online, contact Fernandez Law Group to discuss your situation and the possibility of bringing legal action against those who are responsible for your injuries.
2. Keep Everything: Get a large envelope or file folder and begin keeping, in one place, everything that is potentially related to your accident or case. Save photographs of the accident or scene, photographs of the injured party before and after the accident, letters, bills, receipts, cancelled checks, insurance policies, police reports, notes, and other documents that might be helpful in proving how the accident happened and, just as importantly, the nature and extent of your injuries.
3. Record Questions: Get a large notebook pad and begin writing down the questions you want to ask your lawyer the next time you meet with him or her. Also write down any additional facts you have forgotten to include in previous interviews.
4. Begin your Diary: As time passes memories become blurred. Sit down now and write a brief summary of the circumstances surrounding the accident. Add a brief summary of the important events that have occurred since the accident.
5. List Witnesses: Every time an important event occurs that is witnessed by someone else, make a note of that person's name, address, and phone number. Also, keep a list of the employees or supervisors at work who can testify as to the amount of your earning loss. If you learn of the existence of any witness to the accident, advise your attorney immediately.
The documents, notes, and lists that you collect above will be exceedingly helpful to your attorney as he or she begins to represent you and advocate on your behalf. As your case progresses toward settlement, mediation, or trial, your attorney will work with you on additional tasks and preparation.
DO NOT give a written or oral statement to any person who contacts you about the accident or your case. Instead, refer them to your attorney (or advise them that you are currently obtaining one) then let your attorney know the name, address, and phone number of the person who contacted you.
DO NOT throw anything away.
DO NOT get discouraged. We are here to help.
The Tampa personal injury attorneys of Fernandez Law Group devote a great deal of our civil practice to complex personal injury, mass torts, and medical malpractice cases.
After years of representing hundreds of clients all over the State of Florida, our firm has established a solid reputation of seeking justice for injured persons. We are committed to providing our clients with the best legal representation available.
Martindale Hubbell peers and judges have rated us as having the highest levels of legal ability and professional ethics. Our Tampa personal injury attorneys are supported by a superior staff of Legal Assistants.
If you or a loved one has a question about a potential personal injury case or if you're in need of a personal injury attorney in Tampa, we hope that you will contact our office for a free consultation.
Resources and Information on Personal Injury and our Personal Injury Attorneys:
- General Information about Personal Injury and Compensation
- Understanding Negligence and Personal Injury Law
- How Important is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
- Myths and Misconceptions about Personal Injury and Personal Injury Law
- What to Expect in a Personal Injury Trial
- How to prepare for your personal injury litigation and deposition questions
Different Types of Personal Injury Cases and what to expect:
Understanding the Florida Statutes and how they apply in Personal Injury situations:
Call us today at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation and case evaluation.
Content authored by Frank Fernandez